Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Madame Tussauds.....

#141 go to Madame Tussauds in NYC
DONE!  3/18/12

I love when I spend the day with the right person that makes my day complete.

Let me introduce you to my friend, Aisha.


Aisha is a great friend.  She make you laugh at the silliest of things & she is truly the Queen of the One Liners.  She has this certain gift for being funny at just the right moment.  And when I knew I was getting the tickets to go to Madame Tussauds, there was only one person to invite along.

Aisha. 
Clearly she is the right person for todays mission.

Madame Tussauds....where do I even begin?  This mission was a riot.  To be honest, I have to say that so far, this mission has had the most laughs.  My face is still achey from laughing so hard!  And this mission will also include more photographs than any other mission, some a little naughty!

So let's start with a little background on Madame Tussaud....
Madame Tussaud was born Anna Maria Grosholtz in Strasbourg, France.  Her mother worked as a housekeeper for Dr. Curtius in Switzerland.  Dr. Curtius was a doctor who was skilled in wax modelling.  It was Dr. Curtius who taught Anna Maria this skill that would make her famous.  She would go on to make many famous figures in her side show, starting with Voltaire.  She married Francois Tussaud & called her show Madame Tussaud's.  In 1835, she would end up in London & open the first museum.  One of the main attractions was the Chamber of Horrors which featured victims of the French Revolution.  The gallery showed off more than 400 figures.  Fire damage in 1925 & German bombs in 1941 destroyed most of these figures.  The original molds for these figures are on display at the London location.

Interesting facts -
1 - The Beatles 'Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' album cover uses several of Madame Tussauds wax figures.
2 - In 1933, the London Madame Tussauds unveiled an Adolf Hitler figure.  It was constantly vandalized & in 1936 it was heavily guarded to prevent any further damage.
3 - In July 2008 a German man got passed the guards & decapitated the Hitler figure.  It was rumored that he did it as a protest, but later it was told he did it to win a bet!

Madame Tussaud locations -
North American - Vegas, DC, Hollywood & NYC
Europe - Amsterdam, Berlin, Blackpool, London & Vienna
Asia - Bangkok,  Hong Kong, Jakarta, & Shanghai
Australia - Sydney
Feel free to check out all the locations if you can!

So I went to the Madame Tussauds in NYC....Times Square to be exact.  Outside you can find a statue out for display & yes, you are expected to go up to it & take a photo with it.  Outside on this day, Morgan Freeman.  I had taken a picture with this figure about two years ago.  I can't find the picture now....bummer....but that's okay, for today I will take plenty of amazing pictures.

So we start with Benny Hill. 
I loved his show when I as a kid.  It was very naughty, but truly funny.


You start by going to the top...the 9th floor.  A guide will greet you in the elevator & direct you to follow the signs to get from room to room, & floor to floor. 

When the elevator arrives at the top, you walk into this room that is dimly lit & is clearly going to amaze you. 

You will be greeted by this gorgeous water fountain.  Atop the fountain is RuPaul.  And she looks fierce!  This will be my favorite display in the museum.  It's perfect.  Truly over the top, flashy & just right for RuPaul.



Nicolas Cage & I chatting...

Chilling with Samuel Jackson & John Travolta...

Hanging with the Osbournes...Ozzy & Sharon are so sweet!

And then I ran into Susan Lucci...

And I was happy to brag about running into Brangelina...I was pointing out her tattoo...

I tried to get Aisha to grab Denzel's junk, but she only laughed...

 Belting out a song with Billie Holiday...

Hanging in the Man Cave with Tony Goose Siragusa...

Maya Angelou told a joke & cracked Aisha & Princess Diana up!

Marilyn Monroe was gorgeous in person...

Josephine Baker showing off her curves...

I love old horror movies...so seeing Boris Karloff as Frankenstein & Bela Lugosi as Dracula was a great highlight for me!


Aisha was getting freaky with Michael Jackson...


Why yes, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, I am that short when standing next to you!

Why yes, that is Joe Namath I'm huddled in front of....

...and Joe grabbed my butt!!

I warned her not to make the Hulk mad....but she wouldn't listen!


And now for the best photo on the day....that's right...it's me & the Great Satchmo, Louis Armstrong...



So with this latest celebration done, I am now at the half way mark.  20 celebrations done, 20 celebrations left to be completed.

I'm feeling good.  I'm excited about the things I've done to celebrate turning 40.  My 41st birthday is less than two months away & I am not even concerned about finishing the rest of these 40 celebrations.  I was looking forward to finishing them before my 41st birthday, but now I just don't care.  I feel like this was meant to be & if it takes a little longer that's okay.  I'm still doing my list.  I'm still having fun.  And I'm done worrying about other people's schedules.  I'm going to get out & have fun at my pace.  Anyone who can't make it, can read about the fun they missed.

Good things are coming up.

Whoever said 40 was the new 30 was wrong.
40 is amazing! 
40 is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment